- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and develop students’ interest in learning.
- To stimulate clear and critical thinking, and informed decision-making.
- To develop students’ ability to tackle a problem, evaluate solutions and fully sustain a discussion.
- To develop a curriculum which promotes active learning, is flexible, relevant and meaningful to the student at different ages and stages.
- To recognize and encourage different kinds and degrees of talents and abilities.
- To foster the enjoyment of all processes of communication: oral, written and visual.
- To focus on understanding and learning by doing rather than memorization or rote learning.